As the impact of the COVID 19 virus is increasing in New York City, Continuum International is following the advice of our Federal and State officials we will temporarily stop providing moving services in the in New York City and the surrounding boroughs; Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens & Staten Island.
All inbound shipments will be transported to our warehouse and placed into storage.
We will continue to handle moves in other parts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, unless instructed otherwise by Federal, State and Local authorities.
OFFICE STAFF: 90% of the office staff is working remotely and have access to all information.
CREWS: For the safety of everyone involved we have implemented the following steps:
- 1. Our move counselors are prescreening transferees confirm that neither they or anyone who will be present during the move have not knowingly been in been in contact with someone infected with the COVID 19 virus or just returned from any of the countries listed in the us travel ban?
- 2. We will be taking the temperature of all staff when they depart and arrive back to the facility.
- 3. Daily cleaning of trucks and forklift /warehouse equipment.
- 4. Crews have had hand sanitizers on the trucks (however they are in short supply).
- 5. Instructed the crew to wash hands frequently while on the job for 20 seconds
- 6. Crews were instructed to cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing.
- 7. Crews will limit distance they stand near the customer if possible.
- 8. Crews are supplied with rubber gloves.
- 9. We are unable to purchase masks due to lack of availability.
We have requested that our partners across the USA follow the same requirements for their crews.
All surveys are being done via video or facetime.
ROUTING & RATES: This is a bit of a challenge. Ocean, trucking and air freight rates both here and abroad are in complete flux. Air freight is the most volatile right now. Container space seems to be limited to certain destinations.
We will update as the situation develops. Please contact me directly with any questions at email@example.com or by phone at 203-740-9800
Continuum Covid-19 Updates
As the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to rise throughout the world, many affected countries have implemented restrictions that are impacting international travel and mobility. Such as exit, visa and work permit issuance, closed ports, Many restrictions are having an impact on international business travel and assignment plans, as well as occasionally causing transit delays to household good shipments and modifications to how in-person services are being carried out. Many corporations are suspending, delaying or canceling travel and assignments into and from the affected countries.
As your trusted Relocation Management Company. Our global service partners are updating us as it relates to service interruptions or modifications for relocation and moving services. Continuum will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated on impacts as it pertains to employee mobility.
For current COVID-19 updates, please visit the following websites:
We would be appreciated if you would share with us what plans and adjustments your organization is making in response to COVID-19.